Photo: Florence Joubert
While many say that BIM stands for “building information modeling”, the CSTB has chosen to use the wider meaning of “building information management” to reflect a new way of generating information using next-generation technologies. BIM helps improve the quality and performance of buildings, from design to maintenance. Though the technology is not new, its rapid expansion is changing markets and practices. Interview with Souheil Soubra, director of Information Technology at the CSTB.
Read the article
Published in the magazine Informations Entreprise, April-May-June 2018, No. 168
Discover the CSTB's range of services for multiscale BIM
The CSTB guides you in the digital transition to BIM for your business.
- The CSTB, a trusted third party
- More than 20 years of experience in digital technologies and BIM
- Multiscale BIM: components, buildings, urban areas
- Use of BIM in all phases of projects, up to the operational stage
- Knowledge of multiple physical dimensions of buildings
- Interoperability of solutions designed with standard BIM formats (France and international)
- Compliance with construction regulations (France and Europe)
A virtual and interactive simulation space for your projects
Share a new BIM experience in the Oscar Niemeyer Room of the CSTB.
- Get a new perspective on your projects
- Use a new collaborative work environment
- Promote your projects in 3D and BIM
- Get practical training in BIM
The Oscar Niemeyer room of the CSTB, Paris 16th arrondissement. Photo: Florence Joubert