ECPPM 2008: a conference on modelling of products and processes in September 2008
ECPPM conferences are platforms for debates on the most recent work in the field of architecture and engineering (AEC), "Facility Management" (FM) and the construction industry.
The ECPPM 2008 conference will concentrate on two main themes:
• Structuring of product and process information for an increase in cooperative work and concurrent engineering, and for better sharing of information in this particularly fragmented sector,
• Advanced information processing using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for the AEC/FM field in future years.
No fewer than 90 contributors are expected at this conference that is addressed to research workers and scientists, software developers, Internet service suppliers, persons responsible for new technologies and information systems, engineers, architects and manufacturers, public authorities, local communities, etc.
Many subjects will be treated in the form of workshops or presentations:
• Management, modelling and optimisation of processes
• Digital mock-ups (3D, BIM, IFC…)
• ICT towards innovation and cooperation
• Intelligent buildings
• Energy efficiency, sustainable development, etc.
The conference will thus continue to explore the expected deployment of ICTs to facilitate and optimise production of a variety of complex processes in the AEC/FM field. Exhaustive information about the most recent research results and the most recent applications of modelling and ICTs will be presented, including developments, standardization and industrial projects involving ICTs dedicated to the problem of products and processes.